If you own Goole’s Nexus 7 tablet and do not use it anymore because of no system updates then you are going to love this. An unofficial build of LineageOS 19 is now available for the Nexus 7 tablet. This custom ROM will give you the taste of Android 12 on your old tablet. This custom ROM support both Wifi and LTE variant of the Nexus 7 tablet so without wasting any more time, let’s get right into it.
- Installing a custom ROM will void your tablet’s warranty(which you have none left by now.)
- It is a risky process and may brick your device if done incorrectly so follow the steps carefully.
- Unlock the bootloader of your Nexus tablet and install a custom recovery on it.
- The performance of this custom ROM may be a little laggy because Android 12 is the latest OS running on 9-year-old hardware.
- As this is an unofficial and a very early build of LineageOS 19 for the Nexus 7 tablet, you may not find some of the legacy features of LineageOS here.
Steps to Install Android 12 on Nexus 7
- Download the LineageOS 19 ROM package and Google Apps package, move them to the device.
- Reboot your tablet into recovery mode using the power and volume button combo.
- In recovery, use the Wipe option to factory reset the device.
- Use the Install option to choose the custom ROM package and flash it onto the device.
- Once the custom ROM is flashed, flash the Google Apps package as well.
- Now, select the Reboot to System to reboot your phone to Android 12 OS.
This is how you can install Android 12 on your old Nexus tablet and give it a new life. If you have any queries about the installation process then tell us in the comments section below. And follow us on social media for the latest Android tips and tricks like this one.