Redmi Note 7 was a really popular budget smartphone from Xiaomi with great hardware. The smartphone comes with a bunch of features that you may not find on any other smartphone at that time. There were many variants of the Redmi Note 7 released by Xiaomi after the success of this smartphone. The smartphone ran the latest MIUI version based on Android at that time and Xiaomi provided the updates as promised.
There will be no official updates to rollout for this smartphone but you can unofficially update this smartphone to the latest Android version. You can install a custom ROM on this phone to get a fresh look and the latest features of Android 12 on this old hardware. Here is a small guide to tell you how you can install this Android 12 based Pixel Experience custom ROM on your smartphone.
Pixel Experience ROM is based on AOSP and it includes all the Google apps so you don’t have to flash them separately. The ROM is working perfectly fine and is best as a daily driver, there are absolutely no bugs whatsoever in this ROM. Below is the step-by-step guide to tell you how you can install it on your Redmi note 7.
- The Redmi Note 7 should have an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery should be installed.
- TWRP custom recovery is recommended for this installation.
- Back up all your important data from the smartphone to keep it safe.
- Charge your phone to more than 60 percent before beginning the installation.
Steps to Install Android 12 on Redmi Note 7
- Download the Pixel Experience custom ROM package from the link provided above.
- Move the ROM zip package to the smartphone’s internal memory. Do not put it inside any folder.
- Turn off your smartphone and boot it to the recovery mode using the volume and power key combo.
- In recovery, use the Wipe option to wipe the system and factory reset the phone.
- Once done, use the Install option to flash the custom ROM zip package.
- Finally, select Reboot to System to boot the smartphone.
The phone will boot up in a while and you can then set it up using your Google account. This is how you can install Android 12 on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7. For more Android tips, tricks, and guides, follow us on social media to stay updated.