Xiaomi Mi 9 is a flagship device from Xiaomi and it ships with Android 9 pre installed out of the box. It’s obvious that there will be no more updates for this phone but there is still hope. You can install a custom ROM on this smartphone and get the latest of Android on your Xiaomi Mi 9 right now.
Here we have a custom ROM for you which you can install in your smartphone to get Android 13. This custom ROM comes with stock Android user interface to get rid of that laggy MIUI on your smartphone. And to help you with have a easy step-by-step guide to help me install custom room on your smartphone.
- Unlock your smartphones bootloader.
- Create a backup of all the data stored on your smartphone.
- Make sure that the smartphones battery is at least 50%.
Steps to install Android 13 on a Xiaomi Mi 9
- Download the Android 13 custom ROM zip file on your smartphone.
- Download this custom recovery to flash on your phone. Other custom recoveries won’t work and will give you errors.
- Reboot your phone to fastboot mode and flash the recovery image file using this command.
fastboot flash recovery <recovery file.img>
- Reboot to recovery mode and wipe the data, cache and system.
- Flash the custom ROM zip file on your phone and reboot the phone.
This is how you can install Android 13 custom room on your Xiaomi Mi 9 and get the latest from Google on your smartphone. For more guides like this one, follow us on social media to stay updated.