Mi Pad 4 Plus is a decent tablet from Xiaomi with really powerful hardware at the time of the release. The hardware got a bit outdated but the software can be updated using a custom ROM. This custom ROM update may give it a new life and be useful again for some use cases. Here is a comprehensive guide on how to install Android 13 on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4. But before going any further, check the precautions first.
Prerequisites and Precautions
- Unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Pad 4 and Install TWRP custom recovery.
- Back up all your important data before installing the custom ROM to keep it safe.
- Follow the steps very carefully to reduce the risk of bricking your device.
- Make sure that the device is charged enough to go through the installation process.
- The first boot may take some time, but do not press any button to interrupt the process. The device will boot normally the next time.
How to Install Android 13 on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
- Download the Android 13 custom ROM for Mi pad 4 on your PC.
- Download the Google apps package if you want Google services on your device.
- Once both files are downloaded, move those files to the device’s internal memory. For convenience, Move them into the root directory and not inside any folder.
- Reboot your device to recovery mode by turning it off completely and turning it on by holding the power key and volume up key together.
- Recovery mode got a couple of options on the main menu; tap the Wipe option first and swipe to confirm wiping the device.
- Once the wiping is completed, go back to the main menu and use the Install option then select the Android 13 zip package.
- Swipe to confirm and the installation will begin, once installed, repeat the step to install the Google Apps zip package too.
- Once both zip packages are installed successfully, tap the Reboot system button.
This is how you can easily install Android 13 custom ROM on your Mi Pad 4 and get a smooth user experience on your old tablet. If you need assistance in any step then tell us in the comments and we will help you.