Google released the Pixel 2 back in 2017 and since then, it got all the promised major Android updates. The last Android update this smartphone got was Android 11 so today we are going to tell you a way to update this device unofficially. We have a quick guide to tell you how you can install the latest Android 12 on your Google Pixel 2. We are going to use the Pixel Experience custom ROM on Pixel 2 so you will get all the exclusive features of the Pixel device on your smartphone.
Pixel Experience ROM is based on AOSP and it got all the basic features and comes with less to no bloat so you get more storage and RAM out of your device. The custom ROM comes with Google Apps pre-installed so you don’t have to install it separately. Follow the step-by-step guide to install the Android 12 custom ROM on your Google Pixel 2.
- The smartphone should have an unlocked bootloader and it should have a custom recovery installed.
- Performing the operations mentioned above to your phone may void your smartphone’s warranty.
- Create a backup of all your important data from your Pixel 2.
- This custom ROM build is right now in the beta phase so it may give you a couple of crashes and hiccups.
- This custom ROM will only work on Google Pixel 2, so do not try it on any other Pixel variant.
Steps to Install Android 12 on Google Pixel 2
- Download the Android 12 custom ROM for Google Pixel 2 from the link provided above.
- Move the downloaded zip package to your smartphone and then turn your phone off.
- Now, using the volume and power keys combo, boot your smartphone to recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, use the Wipe option first to wipe the smartphone’s system and reset it.
- Then use the Install option to choose and install the Android 12 custom ROM zip file on the phone.
- Once installed, you can reboot the smartphone to the system and boot the newly installed ROM.
This is how you can update your Google Pixel 2 smartphone to the latest Android 12 OS unofficially. Again, as this is a beta build so you may experience some bugs but don’t worry, keep updating the ROM with the latest build to get rid of those nasty bugs. Follow us on social media to stay updated with the latest Android tips, tricks, and guides.