By next year, Electric vehicles will cost about the same as petrol vehicles, Nitin Gadkari stated. The statement has been made on November 1 by Nitin Gadkari, The Union Minister of Road, Transport, and Highway while declaring new government plans for bus services throughout India.
Indian consumers are moving on to Electric vehicles from petrol vehicles. We saw a surge in electric vehicles sold in India. According to Gadkari, about 17 lakh EV’s been registered this year. The government is planning to reach its goal of zero emissions by converting all diesel buses to electric. As there are 1.5 lakh buses in India and 93 percent of them run on diesel, some are outdated and unfit for roads.
Gadkari also hinted at a procedure to produce Hydrogen-powered cars in near future. He added, to increase tourism in India government will bring out more double-decker buses on the roads. The government is also planning to lower the price of AC double-decker buses for the general public.
Gadkari also gave the good news to all those who commute from Nagpur to Pune. He talked about the new project to connect the Nagpur-Mumbai Samruddhi Mahamarg with Pune-Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar (Aurangabad) Access Control Green Expressway at Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
MG is set to Debut its AIR EV in India by 2023
MG Air EV is the brand's second electric car and it may make its debut in India by early 2023....