Windows 11 is all good and all but there are some small things that Microsoft skipped from Windows 10 that are important and useful. A few of these things are right-clicking the context menu on the taskbar and drag-drop files on the taskbar. These two features may feel like small changes but they made a huge impact on productivity at least for me. The lack of these two features made me revert to Windows 11 upgrade on my laptop back to Windows 10. Let’s talk about these features in detail and see how important they are for productivity in Windows 10.
If you are like me then you must have already understood what I am talking about but if you haven’t then let me explain it to you. The right-click context menu can be used to bring up the Task manager quickly even quicker than the Ctrl+Alt+Del hotkey. And the taskbar drag and drop is the coolest and most fast way to move files around folders and applications. I often drag and drop different image files in Premiere pro while editing videos and I do it pretty frequently lacking this feature in Windows 11 can slow down and annoy me simultaneously.
So here I have a perfect solution for enabling that drag-and-drop feature in Windows 11 and improving your productivity on Windows 11.
How to Enable Taskbar Drag and Drop on Windows 11
- Download the Windows 11 Drag & Drop to the Taskbar (Fix) from its Github page.
- Once downloaded, you can just double-click the exe file to run it, better to run it as administrator.
- Once you run it, you will see it running in the taskbar tray.
- There’s not much to configure in this tweak, just run it and go back to work.
This is how you can bring back that lost feature in Windows 11. We have to keep using this workaround till Microsoft comes to its senses and realizes what they have done and fixes things up itself. Follow us on social media to know about more awesome Windows tips and tricks like this one.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...