OnePlus recently announced that the Android 11 based OxygenOS is in the work for OnePlus 6 and 6T devices. OnePlus kept the promise and released the first OxygenOS 11 Open beta based on Android 11 for OnePlus 6 series smartphones. The first beta build comes with all the sweetness of Android 11 OS and with OxygenOS skin on top of it.
Some of biggest upgrade is in the new camera app from OnePlus with the new user interface and there’s a new Game Space replacing the Fnatic mode. It also brings the Ambient mode to the OnePlus 6 series devices. You will also get the new and revamped shelf on the home screen.
If you want to try this OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 on your OnePlus 6 or 6T then follow this simple guide below. But make sure that you already know about all the risks that come with the Beta version of any OS that you install on your device.
Download OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 6 and 6T
How to Install Android 11 on OnePlus 6 and 6T
- Download the update package from the links provided above.
- Move the update package to the smartphone’s internal storage, make sure you don’t copy it inside any folder.
- Now, unlock your phone and go to Settings > System > System Updates.
- Tap the setting icon in the top right and select Local Upgrade. Then select the update package and the system will start to install the upgrade.
- The phone will reboot to finalize the update process.
- Once installed, your phone will boot up into the newly installed OxygenOS 11 update.
This is how you can install the Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 on your OnePlus 6 or 6T in beta version. I will recommend you not to install this beta build on your primary smartphone because it can contain some serious bugs and may damage your data.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...