Asus Zenfone 5Z is the first smartphone in the Asus Znefone series which convinced everyone that Asus is not out of the affordable flagship smartphone game. The smartphone is perfect in all ways including the build quality, performance, camera, battery, and even the price tag. The design of the smartphone is not a head-turner but it gets the job done. The smartphone being released in 2018 got updates till Android 10 as promised but users need more.
In this situation, we have some unofficial methods which can help update the smartphone to the latest Android 12 OS from Google. So here is a quick guide to tell you how you can install Android 12 on your Asus Zenfone 5z. Before going any further, you should make sure that you understand the risks of updating your smartphone so you won’t end up bricking your device.
- Unlock the bootloader on your Zenfone 5Z and install a custom recovery on it.
- Zenfone 5Z comes with a dual system partition which is very risky to flash a custom ROM on. So make sure to backup all your important data before flashing the custom ROM on your phone.
- Do not try to use the ROM files for any other smartphone, read the custom ROM documentation before installing it.
How to Install Android 12 on Asus Zenfone 5Z
- Download the custom ROM zip package and then move it to your Zenfone 5z.
- Reboot the phone to the recovery mode and reset the smartphone using the Wipe option. Make sure not to wipe the internal storage.
- Flash the custom ROM zip package using the Install option.
- Once the ROM is flashed, you can flash other necessary zip packages like vendor, permanent recovery, or Magisk.
- Finally, reboot the smartphone to the system to boot up the ROM.
- The custom ROM may take some time to boot but this will only be for the first time. Once you set up the device, the boot time will be normal.
This is how you can install Android 12 on your Asus Zenfone 5Z and enjoy the Android 12 features without the official update. For more content like this, you can follow us on social media and YouTube as well.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...