If you bought one of that Chromebook because you thought a Windows PC could be an overkill for the kind of work you do then I’m sure you want to go back to Windows. But you already spend a hefty amount of money on that Chromebook so unless you get rid of that Chromebook, you cannot just buy a new one. So, what to do in this situation?
Let me tell you a really simple solution to this problem, just install Windows 10 on your Chromebook. Well, it sounds complicated but it’s rather simple, so here is a simple guide to tell you how you can easily install and run Windows 10 on your Chromebook laptop.
Parallel desktop is a nice little application that lets you install Windows 10 on any OS other than Windows of course. You can even install Windows 10 on your Macbook as well without a dual boot or anything like that. Just install this Parallel desktop application and it will automatically set up the Windows environment inside your Mac or Chrome OS.
Minimum System Requirements
- Super admin access on the Google Workspace account.
- Windows 10 ISO file and Chrome Enterprise Upgrade.
How to Install and Run Windows 10 on Chromebook
- Open Chrome and purchase the Parallels license from the official website.
- Once you purchase the license, click the link provided by Parallels support.
- In Google Admin Console, enable Parallels Desktop for your organization.
- Launch crosh by pressing Ctrl+Alt+t and execute the following command.
vmc create -p PvmDefault <Windows.iso>
- Once the process ends, execute the following command.
vmc start PvmDefault
- Now you will see the Windows 10 installation screen, just install Windows 10 as you do on any other PC.
- Once that’s done, you will be able to launch Parallels from the Chrome launcher and enjoy running Windows 10 on your Chromebook.
This is how you can install Windows 10 on your Chromebook without removing Chrome OS from your PC. There is another way that is free but in that process you may lose all your saved data on Chromebook if not backup before hand.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...