PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts. PayTM has released many features since then and recently released a feature that lets you create a unique UPI number. This is important because your UPI address from the PayTM app contains your mobile number. So when you want to share your UPI ID with someone you don’t want to share the phone number with, you can just share the new unique ID.
This feature helps you a lot if you can’t remember your UPI ID, this custom number will be in your brain all the time so you can quickly share it with someone. You can easily create the unique UPI ID on your PayTM account using these simple steps.
Steps to Create a Private UPI Number on payTM
- Update the PayTM app to the latest and launch it.
- n the home screen, tap the profile picture to open the hamburger menu.
- Go to UPI & Payment Settings > Manage UPI Number.
- Tap on Create Private UPI Number.
- Enter the desired UPI number which must be 8 to 9 digits.
- Finally, tap on Set Private UPI Number.
You can also disable or delete the private UPI number from PayTM by tapping the three dots menu icon and selecting the desired option.
Rules for Selecting a PayTM Private UPI Number
- The number should have 8 to 9 digits.
- All digits should not be the same number.
- The number should not end with three same digits.
- It should not start with zero and avoid easy-to-remember numbers (like 123456789 or 987654321).
Now, whenever you want to share the UPI ID to receive money, you can give the private UPI number instead of the real UPI ID. If you want to read more tips and tricks like this one, then follow us on our social media pages to stay updated with the latest articles.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...
How to Apply for MIUI 14 Beta on Xiaomi Smartphones
Xiaomi is all set for its new smartphone lineup release alongside its new MIUI 14 OS based on Android 13....