Android 12 comes with a bunch of new features which you never expected to be coming on vanilla Android OS. The smartphone comes with a hidden gaming mode that lets you do some basic stuff while gaming on your phone. There is no possible way to enable it directly on Android 12 but there is a workaround to get this game mode working on your phone.
More hidden tips and tricks about Android 12
The process is pretty simple and straightforward but it is still a workaround so there may be some chances that it may not work perfectly for everyone. Right now it’s working perfectly on Android 12 public beta 1, Google may or may not make it the final feature for Android 12. We are also not sure that this workaround will work on the upcoming beta builds of Android 12.
Steps to Enable Game Mode on Android 12
- Open Settings > Digital Wellbeing > Do Not Disturb.
- In the Do Not Disturb menu, select Schedules and enable the Game mode checkbox.
- Then tap on the setting cog icon beside Game mode.
- Here you will be able to customize the Game mode menu bar. There are a total of six options to choose from; screenshot, screen recording, show fps, disable notifications or DND, Game optimization, and YouTube Live.
- Now whenever you will launch a game on your phone, the game mode will get enabled automatically and you will see the floating menu bar on the screen.
- This menu will also pop up whenever you will enable Do Not Disturb mode on your phone.
Game Mode Features
- Screenshot: to capture a screenshot with one tap.
- Screen Recording: to record the gameplay on your phone without installing a third-party screen recorder.
- FPS counter: to show the frame rates on the screen.
- Do Not Disturb: to disable all notifications while gaming.
- Game Optimization: optimize the game for a better experience.
- YouTube Live: to stream the game directly on YouTube.
This is how you can enable the hidden Gaming Mode on your smartphone running Android 12. Google may add the Game Mode to the final version of Android 12 then you won’t have to use this wordaround.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...
One thought on “How to Enable Hidden Game Mode in Android 12 Smartphones”