Samsung Galaxy S7 is seven years old by now and as expected, the last update it got was the Android 8 with TouchWiz UI. The device didn’t even get the OneUI update which is a bit better UI from Samsung. If you still want to use this smartphone because of its great hardware and design but the software is holding you back then don’t worry. Today I am going to tell you how you can install Android 12 AOSP custom ROM on it with the stock Android interface. This is going to give you a better and faster user interface for your beloved Galaxy S7 and you will be able to use it for a bit longer.
- The Android 12L custom ROM installation is a bit risky process and may lead to hardware crash so try it at your own risk.
- Create a backup of your data first so you won’t lose it if anything goes wrong during the installation.
- Make sure a custom recovery is installed on your smartphone to install a custom ROM.
- Charge your phone to at least 50 percent before beginning the installation process.
- This ROM is for the Galaxy S7 (Exynos Variant) only, do not try to install these files on any other smartphone or Snapdragon Galaxy S7 variant.
How to Install Android 12L on Samsung Galaxy S7
- Download the LineageOS 19.1 custom ROM zip package on your smartphone.
- Now, reboot your smartphone and boot it to recovery mode. To do that; turn the phone off completely and turn it on by pressing and holding the Power, volume up, and home buttons at the same time.
- Once you are in recovery mode, choose the Wipe option and confirm to wipe the smartphone and reset it to factory settings.
- Then go back to the main menu and select the Install option this time.
- Here, you have to choose the LineageOS 19.1 zip package and confirm to flash it on your phone.
- The phone will show you reboot to the system button, just tap on that button and let it boot.
- The first boot may take some tie more than normal but once set up, it will boot normally after.
This is how you can install the latest Android 12L on your Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone and revive it for a few more months The smartphone will lose a few of the Samsung dedicated features that you may or may not miss in the new LineageOS 19.1. Follow us on social media pages for the latest updates and tricks.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...