As Xiaomi always does, released Xiaomi Mi 9T smartphone in china and then rebranded it as Redmi K20 globally. These two smartphones may have different names but share the same internals including the processor, display, and even battery sizes. This smartphone was launched back in 2019 with MIUI based on Android 9 and as promised got the Android 11 update.
Now there is no confirmation about the next Android version update from the brand. There may be a chance that this smartphone will not get more Android updates. But you don’t need to feel down because here I have a very easy and quick way to install Stock Android 13 on Redmi K20. This can be done by installing a custom ROM based on Android 13 so you can say goodbye to MIUI glitches and welcome the smooth stock Android interface.
There are some things that you need to remember before getting into this custom ROM flashing stuff. Because it is a risky process, the device won’t get hurt and can be recovered if anything goes wrong. Still, you need to make sure to follow the steps very carefully because we are working with custom recovery and one wrong step may permanently damage your device.
Make sure you know what you are doing and that you have your phone’s bootloader unlocked already. If you already unlocked the bootloader then installing a custom recovery won’t be a big problem, just google TWRP for Redmi K20 and you are good to go. Back up all of your data because if anything goes wrong and your device needed to be reset then you may lose your data.
Once everything is all set up, charge your phone to at least 50 percent so it can easily go through the installation process. This custom ROM is specifically for the Redmi K20/ Mi 9T smartphone and may not work on any other smartphone. Now follow the below steps very carefully without missing anything.
Steps to Install Android 13 on Xiaomi Redmi K20/ Mi 9T
- Download the Android 13 Cherish OS custom ROM for the Redmi K20/ Mi 9T and move it to the smartphone.
- Reboot your smartphone to the custom recovery mode by turning it on by holding down the Power key and the Volume up key.
- In recovery mode, select the Backup option and back up the current OS. This may take some time.
- Now, go back to the home screen and select the Install option, select the custom ROM zip package and confirm the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, tap the Reboot system button to reboot the phone.
- You’ll see the welcome screen on your phone after some time.
This is how you can install Android 13 stock Android custom ROM on your Redmi K20 or Mi 9T. If you have any specific queries about the custom ROM then post them in the XDA custom ROM thread(link below). Follow our social media pages to stay updated with the latest tricks like this one.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...