Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for Android 14. As always, the developer preview builds of Android 14 are already here for the supported Pixel smartphones. So here we have a trick for you guys telling you how you can easily install this Android 14 developer preview on supported Pixel smartphones.
How to install Android 13 on Xiaomi Redmi K20
Android 14 Supported Pixel Smartphones
Android 14 is supported on Google Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, and Pixel 7 Pro. If you own any of these devices then you will be able to install this Android 14 developer preview on your smartphone. If your phone is not listed here then we are sorry to inform you that your smartphone is not supported for Android 14 and may also not receive the Android 14 update when available.
Precautions to Take Before Installing Android 14 Developer Preview on Pixel Smartphones
- This is the first developer preview of Android 14 so it may contain buds and may render your device useless so proceed with caution.
- We recommend you back up all of the important data that you have on your Pixel smartphone to make sure you won’t lose it during the installation.
- We will not recommend you install Android 14 Developer Preview on your daily driving smartphone.
- Charge your phone to at least 60 percent to make sure it goes makes it through the entire installation process.
- The update file will be at least a few gigabytes so make sure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network while downloading the update files.
Enable USB Debugging on Pixel Smartphones
Before going any further, you need to enable USB Debugging on your Pixel smartphones.
- Unlock the Smartphone and go to Settings > About > tap the Build number several times.
- Go back to Settings and select System > Developer options.
- Here locate the USB Debugging toggle and turn that on. You may be asked to enter your device lock code.
Steps to Install Android 14 on Pixel Smartphones
- Open the Google Developer Preview download page to download the supported Android 14 system image for your device.
- Download the exact update file by clicking the link beside the Pixel smartphone that you own.
- Download the platform tools.zip package on your computer and extract it.
- Now, move the update file(the zip file that you downloaded in step #2) to the platform tools folder.
- Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt(Admin) to open the Windows terminal.
- Connect your Pixel smartphone to your PC via a Type-C cable.
- Type the command “cd <platform tools folder address>” and hit Enter.
- Type the command “adb devices” in the terminal and press Enter key.
- Your smartphone will show a prompt to Allow USB Debugging, just tap the check box and tap OK.
- Now enter the command “adb reboot recovery” to reboot the Pixel into recovery mode. Recovery mode is a screen with a picture of an Android with an exclamation mark icon.
- Once the phone boots into recovery mode then type “adb sideload <ota update zip package filename.zip>” and press Enter.
- The installation process will begin and everything is automated from here on.
Your phone will reboot a couple of times and soon you will see the Android 14 welcome screen.
The only thing that remains is to set up Android 14 using your Google account. So, this is how you can install the Android 14 developer preview on your supported Pixel smartphone and try the latest from Google. Check out more amazing how-to guides on our social media pages to stay updated with the latest tech trends.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...
How to Apply for MIUI 14 Beta on Xiaomi Smartphones
Xiaomi is all set for its new smartphone lineup release alongside its new MIUI 14 OS based on Android 13....