The difference between iOS and Android is really large and it starts to show when you want to migrate from Android to iOS or from iOS to Android. Well, this gap is going to be bridged by Samsung and WhatsApp collab. Samsung has partnered with a bunch of popular app developers including WhatsApp to make migration from an iPhone to a Samsung device easy and secure.
Apple’s iOS is a very secure ecosystem and this is one of the reasons it cannot be synced easily with any device or software made by someone, not Apple. But Samsung has built a new feature in Samsung’s Smart Switch app which basically used to transfer data from your old device to a new Galaxy device.
Sadly, this feature is only exclusive to the Galaxy Fold series devices only for now. But we still don’t know if it will or won’t come to the other flagship Samsung Galaxy devices so you should not lose all hope.
But. if you own or going to own a new device then it will be really easy to transfer all your WhatsApp chats from your iPhone to your new phone.
- A supported Samsung Galaxy device (Foldable smartphones)
- A USB Type C to lightning cable. Can also use dongles to connect both devices using a cable but make sure that the dongle has data lines.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to Android Smartphone
- Launch the Samsung Smart Switch app on your Samsung smartphone.
- Connect both the device using a cable (you can do that beforehand).
- Once the Smart switch app detects the iPhone in your Galaxy Device, select the data you want to transfer.
- You will find the WhatsApp Chat option here, just select it with other selections.
- Now, confirm to start the transfer and wait till completes.
- Once done, disconnect the devices and start using WhatsApp on the Galaxy smartphone.
This feature is really helpful to those who want to migrate from the iOS ecosystem to the Android one. But it is not clear whether WhatsApp or even Samsung will release it for other devices. We really want to see this feature baked into WhatsApp so anyone can use it, not just the exclusive devices.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...
One thought on “How to Transfer your WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to Android Smartphone Officially”