The live caption was one of the most popular features when it launched on Android 11. You get to add AI-created captions to any media playing on the smartphone which is like magic. Microsoft finally released this same feature on Windows 11 with the update 22H2.
This live caption works the same way as on Android, it generates captions for all the media playing on Windows 11 PC. Here is an easy way to enable live captions on Windows 11.
Steps to Enable Live Captions on Windows 11
- Open Start Menu and click the Settings option.
- In Settings, navigate to Accessibility > Captions > enable Live Captions.
- Once you enable that feature, the screen will shift down a bit with a “Download” button on the top, click it.
- The speech will download and once installed, you will see “Ready to caption” text on the top of the screen.
- Now play any video; on a media player or even on any browser and you will see the captions on the top of the screen.
- To make the caption windows float like on Android, click the Setting icon on the caption bar and select Floating on screen under Position.
- Now finally to customize the captions visuals, you can go to the Captions Settings menu and click the Edit button under Caption style.
- You can customize the font, colors, background color, and even window color to match your style.
This is how you can enable the Live captions to feature on Windows 11. Right now, this feature only works for a few languages and I realized it is not very accurate. But sure after some time and learning, the feature will evolve into a very useful feature for people with hearing problems.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...