In a previous version of Android, you could disable the mobile data or the Wi-Fi using the quick setting tile in the notification drawer. But Google has placed those two tiles inside a new tile called the Internet in Android 12. This internet tile when tapped opens a small popup with the toggles for mobile data and Wi-Fi. I am not a fan of this change in Android 12 and if you think the same then there is a really easy way to get the Wi-Fi and Mobile data quick settings back in Android 12.
This trick will work on all smartphones running Android 12 with the stock interface. If your smartphone got a themed system UI then you may not need this tutorial at all. The only issue with this workaround is that this will revert after restart so you have to do it again after every restart.
- Enable developer options and USB Debugging:
- Go to Settings > About Phone > tap on Build number 7 times.
- Go back and enable USB Debugging inside a new setting called Developer options.
- Download the platform-tools zip package on your PC and extract it.
Steps to Enable Wi-Fi and Mobile Data quick settings in Android 12
- On your PC, open elevated Command Prompt and execute the following command:
- cd “platform-tools folder location”
- Now connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Execute these following commands one by one:
- adb devices
- settings put global settings_provider_model false
- settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles “wifi,cell,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)”
- If all of these commands give no error then it’s done.
Even though it will enable two separate quick setting tiles for data and Wi-Fi, you will see an older version of Internet Connectivity pop up after taping on these tiles.
Note: To revert to the Internet Tile in Quick Settings, execute these commands in step #3:
- settings put global settings_provider_model true
- settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles “internet,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)”
This is how you can enable the mobile data and Wi-Fi quick settings tile in Android 12 smartphones. These commands will work on all the smartphones running Android 12 including all the Pixel smartphones.