WhatsApp’s new community feature got live recently and it’s now available on Android and iOS. This feature lets users add groups and the people within groups can interact with each other in that community. There are a lot more features in the community feature that you may like a lot if you are a Telegram user. The WhatsApp Community tab is available on the left page of the chats tab in WhatsApp.
WhatsApp Community Features
- You can add people or groups to WhatsApp Communities and create an announcement to reach all the Community members at once.
- The admin of the community got the power to delete any problematic message from the chat.
- The file sharing in Communities increases to 2GB which enables the users to share large project files.
- Communities can let people voice chat with up to 32 participants which is great for live announcements.
How to Create New Community on WhatsApp
- Download or Update the WhatsApp app to the latest version available.
- Open WhatsApp and swipe right to open the Communities tab.
- Tap on Start your community button and a form will open.
- Give your community a name and a small bio.whatsapp community
- Then you need to select a profile picture. You can choose to either use a local image, or an emoji, or search the web to use it as a Community icon.
- The next page will ask you to add members or groups to the community.
- Once the members and groups are selected, tap next and the community will be created.
How to Delete a WhatsApp Community
- Open WhatsApp and go to the Communities tab.
- Open the Community that you want to delete.
- Scroll to the very bottom and tap Deactivate community.
- A confirmation page will appear, tap Deactivate button here.
- The community will be deleted forever.
The WhatsApp community feature is a bit confusing for now and it doesn’t look like the Telegram Channels at all. Meta needs to do a lot of work to make it stand out in the crowd of community-making services. If you have any queries, tell us in the comments and follow us on social media for more tips and tricks.