Google Pixel 6 comes with some really great but exclusive features that every Android smartphone user desires. Sadly it is not possible to get those features on other Android smartphones but if you own an older Pixel smartphone then you can get a taste of those features. And here we are going to tell you how you can enable the Game dashboard feature from Google Pixel 6 on your Pixel smartphone.
Although it is very easy to do but it comes at a cost, your Pixel smartphone should be rooted to enable this feature. If your phone is already rooted then you can proceed to the installation process. If not, then read the precautions before proceeding any further in the guide.
- If you root your smartphone then your smartphone warranty may void. There are various ways to unroot your phone to get the warranty back.
- Rooted smartphone get prone to security attackers and may make some secure apps like banking apps to stop function completely.
- If you don’t know much about rooting and modding Android smartphone then follow the steps very carefully to avoid damage to the OS.
- This feature and method can only be enabled on a Pixel smartphone running Android 12.
Steps to Enable Pixel 6’s Game Dashboard on Any Pixel Smartphone
- Install Root Explorer app on your Pixel smartphone from Google Play Store.
- Download this XML file(all credits XDA Developers) on your smartphone.
- Open Root Explorer app on your phone and locate the downloaded XML file.
- Once located, move that XML file to /product/etc/sysconfig and close the app.
- Finally restart the phone so the mod can take effect.
- Now, you can run any game to see the Game dashboard overlay.
This is how you can enable Pixel 6 exclusive game dashboard feature on your old Pixel smartphone running the latest Android 12 update. If you know about magisk then you can create a module to enable the game dashboard on your smartphone. Follow us on social media to know about more Android tips and tricks.