Android is the most customizable smartphone OS among all of which exist right now. You can completely change the look of your phone to match the way you want it. You can easily theme it the way you want it to be. There are a lot of apps that can do it for you as well like custom launchers and theming apps.
Changing icons and default launcher is pretty easy on Android but changing font is a completely different story. So, here we have an easy and simple trick to change the font on your Android smartphone without paying for any app.
Change Font on Samsung Smartphones
Samsung smartphones come with a default feature in settings to customize the font a little bit. Follow the guide below:
- Open the app drawer and launch the Settings app.
- Go to Display > Font and screen zoom.
- Here you can easily customize the different aspects of the font like the size, zoom, and style.
- You can download more fonts from the Samsung Galaxy Store. There are a lot of font styles available but most of the fonts are paid.
Change Font on Oppo Smartphones
- On your phone, open the Theme Store from the app drawer. Make sure that the app ios is updated to the latest version.
- Tap the font icon from the bottom bar.
- Here you will see a bunch of fonts already available to apply and there are some which you can download and apply.
Change Font on Vivo Smartphones
Changing the font on Vivo smartphones is a lot similar to the Oppo smartphones, follow the steps below.
- Open the Theme App on your Vivo smartphone.
- Select the Font icon from the bottom bar.
- Now you can choose the font from the list to apply it on your phone. There are a lot of other fonts available on the store to download and apply.
Change Font on OnePlus Smartphones
- Launch the Settings app on your OnePlus device.
- Select Customization from the list.
- Here you can change the font for your smartphone.
There are only two font styles available and there is no theme store to download from.
Change Font on LG Phones
- Ope the Settings app on your LG smartphone.
- Navigate to the Display > Font.
- Here you can choose the font you like and there are more to download from LG SmartWorld.
Change the Font using a Custom Launcher on Android
If you own an Android smartphone other than what is listed above then you can follow this simple guide to do that using a custom launcher.
- Download and Install Nova Launcher on your smartphone from Google Play Store.
- Set the Nova Launcher as the default home screen and then open the launcher Settings.
- In settings, you can customize the font in two places individually. You have to change the font for the Home screen and then on App Drawer.
Change Font on Rooted Android Smartphones
There is no possible way to change the font on Android smartphones unless you are given the feature built into the settings. So in order to use any font on your Android smartphone other than the default is to root your smartphone. A rooted smartphone brings a lot of vulnerability to your device so do it at your own risk.
Once your device is rooted, you will be able to download one of the two following apps to download and install a custom font on your Android smartphone.
This is how you can change the font on your Android smartphone. It is possible to do in almost every smartphone except for those which come with stock Android interfaces like Pixel, Motorola, or Asus smartphones.