Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro and Pro Max are two smartphones from a popular smartphone series by Xiaomi. Both the smartphones come with MIUI 12.5 preinstalled from the factory. MIUI 12.5 is a good operating system overall but it is not loved by everyone and if you are one of them then we have a perfect solution for you today.
Some developers on XDA Developers came up with a custom ROM based on Android 12 AOSP for Redmi Note 10 Pro and Pro Max. There are a bunch of advantages and disadvantages for the custom ROM, you can read about them below. If you can ignore the disadvantages then you can move on to the prerequisites and finally to the step-by-step guide.
- Custom ROM installation may void your smartphone’s warranty and may brick your device so proceed at your own risk.
- The storage will be wiped during installation so make sure to back up all of your important data.
- Do not try these files or methods provided here on any other smartphone, it may damage your device permanently.
- Your smartphone’s bootloader should be unlocked and a custom recovery should be installed.
- You may need a Windows PC to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery on the smartphone. The TWRP custom recovery is recommended, the guide will fit best if TWRP recovery is.
- charge your smartphone’s battery to at least 70 percent so you can perform the complete process without plugging it into the wall.
Download one of these custom ROM package
Steps to install Android 12 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro and Pro Max
- Download the custom ROM zip package(link above) and move the file to the smartphone.
- Reboot the smartphone to the recovery mode using a key combination or fastboot command.
- Once in recovery mode, wipe the system partition using the Wipe option.
- Then flash the custom ROM package using the Install option.
- Once the custom ROM zip package is installed, you can flash all the other needed zip packages like GApps, vendor, or magisk.
- Now, you can reboot the phone to the system using the Reboot option in TWRP recovery.
- If you see a new boot animation on your phone then it means the ROM has been successfully flashed.
- The first boot may take longer to boot up. Once done, you can easily set up the device with your Google account.
This is how you can get the latest Android 12 OS on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro and Pro Max. If you don’t want to risk your device then you can wait for Xiaomi to release the next MIUI version update based on Android 12. follow us on social media to stay updated with more Android 12 custom ROMs for your device, also check out our YouTube channel for videos.