Apple has released the iOS 15 at the WWDC event last night alongside other updates for the Apple devices ecosystem as well. The iOS 15 comes with a lot of new features including a complete overhaul to Facetime including the UI and useability. The iOS 15 is not very different from iOS 14 in the user interface but got a bunch of new features to play with.
Apple has released the first developer preview of iOS 15 and the users with Apple Developer account can install it right away. But here is a guide to tell you how you can install the iOS 15 Developer Preview on your supported iPhone without the developer account. Make sure to read all the precautions below before installing the iOS 15 on your smartphone to avoid any damage to the device.
- The iOS 15 supports all the devices currently running the iOS 14 so you can install it on iPhone 6s or newer iPhones.
- This is the developer preview of iOS 15 and is built for the app developers to test their apps before the final launch. This iOS 15 Developer Preview build may contain some serious bugs so try not to install it on your daily driving device.
- This update will not wipe any of your data from your iPhone but make sure to back up all the data to be on the safer side.
- The update may weigh well above a gigabyte so make sure you are connected to a wifi network before downloading the update.
- Keep your iPhone connected to the wall charger during the process.
Steps to install iOS 15 Developer Preview on iPhone
- Unlock your iPhone and launch the Safari browser.
- Navigate to the Beta profiles website and under iOS 15 download, tap on the Install Profile button.
- A popup will appear on the website, tap on Install Anyways to continue.
- You will see a pop-up, just tap on Allow to continue.
- On the Settings page, tap Profile Downloaded at the very top.
- Tap on install on the Install Profile page.
- Enter your iPhone’s passcode when asked.
- Tap on Install on the Consent screen and then restart the phone when prompted.
- Once your iPhone boots up, go to the Settings > General > Software Update.
- You will see a new update ready to download and install.
This is how you can easily install the iOS 15 Developer Preview on your supported iPhone. We still recommend you not to install this beta build on your primary smartphone as it may leave your phone unusable.