OnePlus 3 and 3T is one of the first few smartphones that made the brand popular among the flagship smartphones. The smartphone is good enough to even use it now and if you do then here’s a guide to update it to the latest Android OS. A LineageOS 18.1 build is now available to install on OnePlus 3 and 3T to update it to the latest Android 11 OS.
The guide is pretty simple but your smartphone needs to be ready for this update. This update is unofficial and will void your warranty so make sure to read the precautions below.
- To prepare the smartphone for this update, unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery on your OnePlus 3 or 3T. Follow this guide to install custom recovery on your smartphone.
- Since you have unlocked the bootloader of the device, your warranty is now void.
- Backup all your important data from the device to it will all be wiped during the process.
- Do not flash this custom ROM file on any other smartphone or OnePlus variant.
Steps to Install Android 11 OS on OnePlus 3/ 3T
- Download the LineageSO 18.1 zip package and GApps package on your smartphone and move it to the root folder in internal storage.
- Reboot your phone to the TWRP custom recovery.
- Create a backup of your current ROM(optional).
- Now, select Wipe and confirm to factory reset the device.
- Then choose the Install option and select the zip package from the list.
- Confirm to flash the custom ROM on your device.
- After custom ROM, flash the Gapps package using the same procedure.
- Once installed, tap on Reboot System to reboot the phone to Android 11.
This is how you can get the latest Android 11 OS on your OnePlus 3 and 3T. Keep in mind that will this custom ROM is installed on your phone, you cannot claim the warranty on your device. There are more custom ROM guides on Supergeekweb to check out.