Asus released the Zenfone 6 recently with a never done before camera trick called “Flip Camera.” It Does exactly what it says, the rear camera flips to act as a front facing camera for selfies. The best part of the smartphone is the near to stock Android user interface with camera2 api enabled. This makes it possible for developers to port the Google camera app with all the features working perfectly.
All the features are reportedly working perfectly including the one which only support Pixel devices like HDR+. It is still recommended not to depend on this app completely, use the stock app for important snaps. Here is a simple and step by step guide for you to install the Google Camera on Asus Zenfone 6.
- The Google Camera is a ported camera apk file from the Google Pixel devices.
- Do not completely rely on the Google camera app, use the stock camera app when you want to take some important pictures.
- This app can also work with other smartphone which comes with Camera2 api enabled so you can try it for yourself.
Steps to Install Google Camera on Asus Zenfone 6
- Download the Google camera apk from the link provided here.
- Move the apk file to your smartphone’s internal memory. Put it inside the Download folder to find it quickly.
- Now, navigate to the download folder using any file explorer app.
- Tap on the apk file and confirm to install it on your phone.
- Once installed tap on Done, go to the Settings and clear the cache of the app first before using it for the first time.
- Open the Google Camera and open settings; enable HDR+ and change the RAW format to RAW10.
There you go, now you can use the Google Camera normally to take pictures with all the Pixel 3 smartphone exclusive features.