Apple released the macOS Monterey at the Apple WWDC event this week alongside more updates to other Apple products as well. The new OS comes with a lot of features and a whole new user interface for some of the stock apps. Apple released the beta version of the new OS for the developers but you can try it on your Mac device too.
Here is a small guide to tell you how you can easily update your Mac device to the latest macOS Monterey. It’s a really simple process but make sure to consider all the precautions before installing this beta OS on your Mac.
- The macOS Monterey is right now in its developer beta state so it may contain serious bugs and may render your device useless. We recommend you not to install it on your primary device.
- Create a backup of all your important data so you won’t lose it during the process or something terrible happens to your device.
- Apple or this website can’t be held responsible for anything which will happen to your device after installing this beta OS.
- Make sure you are connected to an unlimited network source because the update will weigh a couple of gigs.
How to Install macOS Monterey on Mac
- Open Safari on your Mac device and navigate to the BetaProfiles website.
- Click on the Install Profile link under the macOS beta section, it will download the macOSDeveloperBeta16AccessUtility.dmg.
- Once downloaded, double-click on the file to open it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter your password to install.
- Once installed, restart our Mac and then you’ll be able to detect a new update in System options > Software Update.
- Click on Update now to begin the update process.
This is how you can install the latest macOS Monterey on your Mac device right now. This will come with unavoidable buds so make sure not to install it on your primary device.