Asus has reframed its strategy for smartphones completely after the launch of the Zenfone 5 series smartphones. Today Asus released the Android 10 update to the Asus 6Z, this is not a beta update. After this Asus will be the fifth brand to release the Android 10 update on its flagship smartphone after OnePlus, Essential, Xiaomi and Google. The smartphone is getting a stable Android update but in some selected region so if your Asus 6Z hasn’t received this update yet then don’t worry you can easily update your Asus 6Z to Android 10 by sideloading the FOTA update package.
Don’t worry, this is an official update so your phone won’t lose the warranty. Your phone will continue to get future OTA updates.
- Since it is an official update, there are no serious precautions but still, make sure you read them before proceeding.
- Create a backup of your important data first so you won’t lose anything from your smartphone because some apps might reset after the update.
- Make sure that your phone should have enough battery or should be connected to the wall charger during the update process.
Steps to install the Android 10 on Asus 6Z
- Download the Android 10 FOTA update zip package on your phone.
- Now, move it into the root directory inside the internal memory, not inside any folder.
- You will get an update prompt on your phone, just tap on that notification and the update will start.
- If you won’t get the update notification right away then try rebooting your smartphone.
- Once the update starts, just leave the phone until you see the lock screen again.
As I said earlier, this is not a beta update so you won’t get any bugs or crashes on this update. But if you do then you can post them here or on the Asus community so you get the appropriate help.