Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 is a smartphone from one of the most popular series in India Xiaomi. This smartphone comes with a great set of hardware which as usual got a really good price tag. The smartphone comes with MIUI 12.5 based on Android 12. And if you are not a big fan of MIUI then today I’ll tell you how you can get stock Android 12 interface on your Redmi Note 10.
We are going to do this by installing a custom ROM based on AOSP 12 which is basically the stock Android OS by Google. You can install this ROM on your phone and get a vanilla Android experience so you can customize it your way. This custom ROM is custom with every feature you can find on your phone right now, you also get the Pixel camera in this custom ROM for better pictures.
- An unlocked bootloader is needed for the custom ROM installation process.
- A custom recovery of your choice is also needed to be installed on your phone.
- A memory card, optional to make the installation process a bit easier.
Steps to Install Stock Android 12 on Redmi Note 10
- Download the custom ROM(link provided above) and the stock ROM zip package from the links provided above.
- Move these two files on an SD card and then insert the microSD card into your phone.
- Now, reboot your phone to the custom recovery mode and then factory reset the phone using the Wipe option.
- Then, flash the stock ROM(link provided above) using the Install option.
- Flash the custom ROM using the Install option.
- Use the Wipe option again to format the data and factory reset the device.
- Remove the SIM tray to cut down the first boot time.
- Finally, reboot the smartphone to the system.
The first boot may take some time so as soon as you see a new boot animation, let it sit for at least 5 minutes. Once the phone boots up, you will see the setup screen and from there you can set up the smartphone. Now, you can put the SIM tray back into the phone, if you haven’t yet. And make sure to follow us on social media to stay updated with new in tech.