Samsung unveiled the One UI 4.0 based on Android 12 recently and the beta rollout has also been scheduled with the list of the supported smartphone. The best part of the announcement is that the Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series smartphones are on the list of the supported smartphones. While the final rollout is scheduled for early 2022, the brand started the beta program for the Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series smartphones in selected regions.
The registration for the One UI 4.0 Beta program has begun and you can register your supported device to try out the One UI 4.0 based on Android 12 before everyone else. Here we will tell you how you can register for the One UI 4.0 beta program and force update the smartphone to Android 12.
Samsung One UI 4.0 Beta based on Android 12 Features
- A lot of customization options include home screens, icons, wallpapers, and much more. Material You theming engine is not here yet, Samsung may implement it in the future builds.
- One UI 4.0 comes with a bunch of improved privacy and security features making it easier to understand and see how user data is being used.
- The One UI 4.0 Beta also comes with a plethora of Android 12 sweetness including a privacy Dashboard, the new camera and mic indicators, and a new charging effect.
- It also brings refreshed Samsung apps like AOD, keyboard, camera, gallery, and more stock apps.
Method 1: Beta Program Registration
- Download the Samsung Members app from Google Play Store.
- Open the app and open the Notice section, you will see a new One UI Beta program link.
- Follow the steps to enroll in the beta program.
- Restart the phone for the settings to take effect.
- Now, open Settings > System Updates to check for a new system update.
- Download and Install the latest update to install the One UI 4.0 beta on your device.
Method 2: Install OTA Updates Manually
This method requires the OTA updates to be downloaded in the zip format and then update on the phone. The download links for the OTA update packages are not available right now so make sure to check back here after some time.
Method 3: Force Download One UI 4.0 Beta on Galaxy S10 or Note 10
- Remove SIM cards from the smartphone.
- Open dialer and dial *272*<your IMEI number>#
- Select VZW and install “sales&network code change”
- The phone will restart and the latest Android 11 update will be downloaded and installed.
- After restarting Android, 12 will be downloaded automatically.
- Insert back the SIM into the device.
This is how you can update your Samsung Galaxy S10 or Note 10 series smartphones to the latest One UI 4.0 Beta. Beta software mostly comes with some bugs and hiccups so make sure not to use beta software on daily driver smartphones. For more amazing tips and tricks, follow us on social media to stay updated.