Android 12 has just been released by Google for all the supported Pixel smartphones and it is in the testing phase for few non-Google smartphones right now. Surprisingly, a new custom ROM popped up on XDA Developers for Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro/ Redmi K20 Pro. This custom ROM is also mostly bug-free and perfect for daily drivers without any problems.
This custom ROM will not only give you the latest Android features but also give you a stock Android experience as well. If you are tired of the MIUI on your phone then follow this simple guide to install the stock Android 12 custom ROM on your Xiaomi K30 Pro/ Mi 9T Pro.
- The smartphone should have an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery should be installed. Unlocking the bootloader and installing custom recovery may void the smartphone’s warranty.
- Back up all the important files so you won’t lose any of them if anything goes wrong.
- Charge your phone to more than 50 percent before proceeding to the installation process. You can keep the phone connected to the wall charger during the process but we don’t recommend that.
How to install Stock Android 12 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro/ Mi 9T Pro
- Download the latest build of the AOSP 12 custom ROM package.
- Download the stock firmware according to your device’s location.
- Move the download files to the smartphone’s internal memory via USB cable.
- Now, reboot your smartphone to recovery mode.
- Flash the stock firmware files first and reboot the recovery.
- Finally, flash the custom ROM zip package and the Gapps is needed.
- Reboot to Android 12.
This is how you can get the latest stock Android 12 experience on your Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro/ Mi 9T Pro. This custom ROM is tested and is best for a daily driver, if you find any bug then make sure to share it in the comments.