Google recently released some pixel exclusive feature updates to Android OS and we got a lot of unique features on Pixel smartphones. A new feature recently got added to the Google Photos called Locked Folder. This feature is right now exclusive to the Pixel smartphones but we don’t know if it will ever roll out to other Android smartphones. This Locked folder lets you hide your pictures in a secured folder so no one will be able to access them even if they get access to your phone.
This feature comes with a really nice option that lets you save the pictures you click from the camera app directly to the secure folder. You don’t have to do that manually by going to the Photos app. And here is a little guide to tell you how you can do that on your Pixel smartphone.
How to Save Pictures Directly to Locked Folder in Pixel Smartphones
- First, make sure that all your apps including the Camera and Photos app are updated to the latest version.
- Open the Photos app and navigate to Library > Utilities > Locked Folder.
- Follow the steps to set up the Locked folder for the first use.
- Once set up, you can move desired photos to the locked folder easily in the app.
- Now, open the camera app and tap on the little folder icon on the top right corner.
- Select Locked folder from there and the icon will turn blue with a lock icon.
- This means, all the pictures that you will click on in this session will be saved directly to the Locked folder.
This is how you can save pictures directly to the locked folder in pixel smartphones without moving them afterward in the Photos app. If you want to know about more Pixel related tips and tricks like this one, follow us on our social media pages.