Google Pixel 6 recently got launched and alas it didn’t make its way to India, officially. There are a lot of sellers on Amazon India who are selling Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro at a decent price(according to direct currency conversion.) So if you live in a country where the smartphone is available or if you got it from one of those resellers, there is a chance that you wanna root the smartphone to unlock its full potential.
- Unlocking the bootloader of your device will wipe the smartphone’s storage so make sure to backup your important data.
- Rooting your phone will void your smartphone’s warranty so proceed at your own risk.
- A rooted smartphone may not be able to run some apps that need a secure smartphone to run like some banking apps and apps that deal with money.
- This process is checked working but one wrong step may leave your smartphone bricked so make sure to follow the steps carefully.
- Enable Developer Options and USB debugging on your Pixel 6, here is a quick guide:
- Go to settings > About phone
- Tap on Build number 7 times.
- Go to Settings > System > Developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Google Pixel 6
- Extract the platform-tools package and put it on the desktop.
- Right-click on the start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Execute the following command on the command prompt.
cd <platform tools folder address>
- Now, connect your phone to PC via USB cable and execute the following commands one by one:
adb devices [you will see a prompt on phone, just check to Authorise and tap Allow]
adb reboot bootloader [phone will reboot to booloader]
fastboot flashing unlock
- This will wipe your device and boot it to the system, you need to set up the smartphone again.
Steps to Root the Google Pixel 6
The steps from here on are going to be a little bit advanced so if you don’t understand anything from any step just consult the nearest geek. Or you can just drop a comment below, I will try to help you ASAP.
- Install Magisk on your smartphone (the apk file check downloads.)
- Download the factory zip package of your smartphone’s build (check downloads section.)
- Open the device factory zip package and extract the boot.img from there.
- Move the boot.img file to your smartphone.
- Patch boot.img with Magisk: open Magisk > Install > Select and patch file.
- Move the patched image back to the PC and rename it to master root.img. Put it inside the platform-tools folder.
- Repeat steps #2 to #4 from the previous guide just don’t execute the third command(unlock one.)
- Once the phone boots to bootloader execute the following command:
fastboot flash boot master root.img
- The phone will boot to the system and you can open Magisk and check if it says installed.
There you go, now you have rooted your Google Pixel 6 for a higher level of customizations. You can install all the root needed apps on your phone and customize it the way you want. For more tips and tricks for Android, follow us on social media pages to stay updated.