Asus has gotten good at delivering Android updates ever since it started preinstalling its smartphones with stock Android OS. The smartphones come with some of the Asus’ signature features but all of them are just a few customizations in a stock Android interface. Being this generous to us, Asus has released the Android 13 Beta program for the latest Asus Zenfone 8 AKA Asus 8z smartphone. If you want to know how to install it then here I have a quick guide to help you install it on your smartphone.
The installation is pretty simple and quick but make sure to install the precautions before starting the installation process as ignoring them may lead to a dead device.
- This is a beta build of Android 13 so there are some bugs and glitches in this build so I recommend you not to install it on your daily driving device.
- Back up any data from your phone first, the smartphone’s internal memory is going to be wiped during the installation.
- Your smartphone’s battery should be above 20 percent so it stays on during the process.
- Known Bugs:
- Fingerprint and Face unlock not working
- Some system stability issues
- 3rd-party app compatibility issues
- A Windows/Mac/Linux PC is needed for this installation and a USB Type-C cable is also needed for a stable connection.
Steps to Install Android 13 Beta on Asus Zenfone 8/Asus 8z
- Download the Android 13 Beta zip package on your PC.
- Extract it and put the folder on the desktop.
- Turn off your Zenfone 8 and turn it on by holding the power button and volume up button together to enter fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to your PC now using a USB cable.
- Open the extracted folder on your desktop and execute the update_image.bat file. On macOS, execute update_image_for_mac.sh and on Linux, execute update_image.sh.
- The script will begin the installation process and the phone will boot itself once the process is completed.
- Now, you can set up your phone easily using your Google account.
This is how you update your phone to the latest Android 13 Beta build and if you want to go back there is a simple guide about that too here. I still recommend you not to install this beta build on your daily driver to ensure the stability of your device. Follow us on social media for more Android mod guides like this one.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...