Google recently rolled out the Android 12L betas to the Google Pixel smartphones and we already got some custom ROM based on it. LineageOS 19.0 is a custom ROM based on Android 12L for the Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, and the Galaxy Note 8. You will get all the best features of Android 12L on your smartphone and running it on Note 8 will give you the best experience with the S-Pen. This custom ROM does not have all the features of LineageOS 19.0 so adjust your expectations accordingly.
Here is a small guide to tell you how you can install this Android 12L based custom ROM on your Samsung smartphone. Better follow all the precautions and requisites before proceeding to install this custom ROM on your smartphone.
Prerequisites and Precautions
- Unlock the bootloader of your Samsung smartphone and install a custom recovery on it. We recommend TWRP custom recovery for easier installation.
- Back up all your important data from your phone so you won’t lose it if anything goes wrong during the installation.
- Unlocking the bootloader of your phone may void its warranty.
How to Install Android 12L on Galaxy S8, S8+, and Note 8
- Download the custom ROM and Google Apps zip files and move them to the root directory of the device’s storage.
- Reboot your smartphone into custom recovery mode.
- Use the Wipe option and then swipe to confirm wipe the system.
- Go back to the home page and choose the Install option from here. Select the custom ROM zip package from the storage and swipe to flash It on the device.
- Once the ROM is done flashing, install the Google Apps zip package too.
- Once both packages are done flashing, reboot the smartphone to the system.
- You will see the LineageOS 19 booting up on your device.
This is how you can install the Android 12L on your Samsung smartphone and get all the latest features offered by Google. Follow us on social media for more useful Android guides like this one.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...