Redmi 5 from Xiaomi is old by now but developers are keeping it alive. We got to see a PixelOS ROM based on Android 13 available for this smartphone. If you own this smartphone and it’s just eating dust in one of your drawers then take it out and give it some new life.
This Pixel OS custom ROM is based on Android 13 and as the title says, this ROM comes with Pixel exclusive feature built-in. Here is a quick guide on how you can install this ROM on your phone, but make sure to read the precautions first.
- Download and install a custom recovery on your smartphone. It’s better to install TWRP custom recovery.
- This also means that your phone’s bootloader should be unlocked.
- Back up all your important data to keep it from getting wiped during installation.
- Charge your phone enough to run it for at least an hour of battery. Since the phone is old and your battery cannot hold up for long then connect it to the wall adapter during the installation process.
- This custom ROM and files listed here are only for Xiaomi Redmi 5 and should not be tried to install on any other smartphone.
Steps to Install Stock Android 13 on Xiaomi Redmi 5
- Download the PixelOS custom ROM package on your PC and move it to your smartphone.
- Now, reboot your phone to recovery mode. Turn your phone off completely and reboot it by holding down the power and volume-up buttons.
- The TWRP logo will appear which means you are in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, you will see a bunch of buttons. Tap the Wipe button first and swipe to confirm wiping the device’s storage.
- Go back to the home screen and tap the Install button this time. The next page will ask you to select a zip package, here you can select the PixelOS ROM zip file and confirm.
- The installation will begin and you can reboot the phone once the installation succeeds.
- Once you reboot your phone, you will see a new boot animation which means you successfully installed the custom ROM.
This is how you can get Android 13 on Xiaomi Redmi 5 and revive your smartphone. This ROM will give your phone not just a new look but also a better performance than whatever version of MIUI running on this phone right now.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...