Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 is a budget smartphone that provides a decent hardware and software experience at an affordable price. The smartphone comes with a stock Android experience, it was released with Android 8.1 installed right out of the box. The Android 10 update made its way through but there is no confirmation if this smartphone will get the latest Android 11 update.
This is why today we are going to tell you how you can get the latest Android 12 OS on this smartphone via unofficial update. This custom ROM comes with the least customizations possible so you get a clean and seamless Android 12 interface.
- Custom ROM installation may brick your device if not done carefully so makes sure to follow the guide carefully.
- Make sure to create a backup of all the important data stored on your phone so you don’t lose it during the installation process.
- Charge your device to at least 60 percent or keep it connected to the wall adapter during the installation process.
- This custom ROM will only work on Zenfone max Pro M2 [X01BD] so make sure to check it before installation.
- Important: Unlock the bootloader of your smartphone and install TWRP custom recovery. This will prepare the smartphone to install custom ROM.
Steps to Install Android 12 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
- Download and move the VoltageOS 12.0 ROM and Google Apps package on your phone’s internal memory.
- Turn off the smartphone and boot it into the TWRP recovery mode.
- In TWRP recovery, select the Wipe option and choose Dalvik/ ART Cache, Cache, System, Vendor, and Data then confirm to wipe.
- Then select the Install option from the main menu and choose the custom ROM zip package to install it on the phone.
- Once installed, you can use the same Install option to flash the Google Apps package too.
- Finally, select the Reboot to system option to boot the phone to the VoltageOS 12.0.
The smartphone may take about 10 minutes to boot for the first time and once it’s booted, you can set it up using your Google account. This is how you can install the Android 12 custom ROM on your smartphone. Follow us on social media to stay updated with the latest Android guides.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...