conytolPoco M2 Pro is a budget smartphone that shares a lot with smartphones like the other budget smartphones from Xiaomi. Smartphones like the Redmi Nore 9 Pro, Note 9S, and Redmi Note 9 Pro Max come with Android 11 layered with MIUI 12. These devices got the Android 12 update but it is not clear whether they will get MIUI 13 or not. So today we’ll tell you how you can get the stock Android 12 UI on your Xiaomi or Poco smartphone.
There are a lot of Android 12 custom ROMs that come with the stock Android interface for Xiaomi smartphones. But today I’ll tell you about a custom ROM which will give your phone a stock Android look with some of the Pixel-exclusive features on your Xiaomi smartphone. Before proceeding to the installation instructions, read the precautions carefully.
- Your smartphone warranty will be void, you may get it back but you need to flash the stock firmware and relock the bootloader.
- The battery percentage on your phone should be more than 50 percent or you can keep the phone connected to the wall adapter during the process though it’s not recommended.
- The saved data on your phone should be backed up before ROM installation or you may lose your data during the installation.
- This custom ROM will only work on the mentioned devices, do not try it on other devices.
Files you’ll need
Steps to Install Android 12 on Poco M2 Pro, Redmi Note 9 Pro, and Note 9 Pro Max
- Turn off the smartphone and boot it to the bootloader by long-pressing the Power button and Volume down button simultaneously.
- Connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- Open the folder where you downloaded the OrangeFox img file, type cmd in the address bar, and press Enter.
- Now, execute the following command in the command prompt: fastboot devices
- Once you see the device listed there, execute this second command: fastboot flash recovery “filename.img”
- Now, boot the phone into recovery mode by holding the Power button and Volume up button together.
- Go to Menu > Manage Partitions > select Data, then click the button in the bottom right corner.
- Click Format Data and then type yes.
- Now, go to Wipe and select Dalvik Cache, cache, data, internal storage then swipe right to confirm.
- Save the AwakenOS zip package on an OTG flash drive and connect it to the phone.
- Under Menu, mount USB Storage by checking the box and go back.
- Tap on File and select the ROM zip package(from the location where you saved it) then swipe to confirm the installation.
- Click on Reboot system and your phone will boot to the AwakenOS 5.1.
This is how you can install the Android 12 custom ROM on your Poco and Xiaomi devices. Enjoy the newly install ROM on your smartphone and keep following us on social media to stay updated with the latest Android guides from us.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...