Android 12 has just been released by Google for all the supported Pixel smartphones and it is in the testing phase for few non-Google smartphones right now. Surprisingly, a new custom ROM popped up on XDA Developers for Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro/ Redmi K20 Pro. This custom ROM is also mostly bug-free and perfect for daily drivers without any problems.
This custom ROM will not only give you the latest Android features but also give you a stock Android experience as well. If you are tired of the MIUI on your phone then follow this simple guide to install the stock Android 12 custom ROM on your Xiaomi K30 Pro/ Mi 9T Pro.
- The smartphone should have an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery should be installed. Unlocking the bootloader and installing custom recovery may void the smartphone’s warranty.
- Back up all the important files so you won’t lose any of them if anything goes wrong.
- Charge your phone to more than 50 percent before proceeding to the installation process. You can keep the phone connected to the wall charger during the process but we don’t recommend that.
How to install Stock Android 12 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro/ Mi 9T Pro
- Download the latest build of the AOSP 12 custom ROM package.
- Download the stock firmware according to your device’s location.
- Move the download files to the smartphone’s internal memory via USB cable.
- Now, reboot your smartphone to recovery mode.
- Flash the stock firmware files first and reboot the recovery.
- Finally, flash the custom ROM zip package and the Gapps is needed.
- Reboot to Android 12.
This is how you can get the latest stock Android 12 experience on your Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro/ Mi 9T Pro. This custom ROM is tested and is best for a daily driver, if you find any bug then make sure to share it in the comments.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Create Spotify Iceberg From Your Most Listened Artists
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the most popular music streaming services around the world. With millions of users and an...
How to Detect AI-Generated Text Using Free Tools
As artificial intelligence (AI) has become more advanced, so has the potential of AI-generated text. This is used in diverse...
Top Tips to Fix YouTube Lag on Android!
YouTube is the top video streaming application. Nothing annoys me more than when a video on YouTube begins to lag....
How to Install Android 14 Developer Preview on Google Pixel Smartphones
Google has released the first developer preview of the Android 14 OS and it also revealed the release schedule for...
How to Create Private UPI Number on PayTM
PayTM made life a lot easier and when UPI launched, it revolutionized how we transfer money to different bank accounts....
How to Use Android Auto Wirelessly in Your Car
Android Auto is a very useful feature that lets you use the basic functions of your smartphone without getting distracted...