After working on a long project we all love Netflix and Chill at the end of the day. if you use your laptop to watch movies on any streaming service then you may have noticed that your laptop’s battery drains fast. That is because streaming content on any device consumes a lot more battery than you think.
Microsoft thought of this and included a bunch of new battery-saving features in Windows 11 including the ones from Windows 10. Here we have some tips and tricks which you can use to save power while watching movies or videos on your laptop.
Optimize Video Playback
Windows 11 inherited this feature from Windows 10 and you can change this setting to reduce battery drain while watching movies.
- Open Settings on your Windows 11 PC.
- Select Apps from the menu and then click on Video playback.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to the Battery options feature.
- Select Optimize for battery life from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure that both the options below the Battery options feature being checked.
If your laptop support HDR then you will see HDR under Relates settings section below Battery options.
- Click on HDR in Related settings and do the same thing.
- Under Battery options select Optimize for battery life option.
- Restart the PC to take effect.
Change Power Plan
Windows 11 has power plans to optimize the battery on your laptop and give you longer usage on the battery. You can either switch power plans or just tweak the settings to get even better results.
- Open the Start menu and search for Power plans, open it.
- You will see different power plans to choose from.
- Click Change Plan Settings beside the Balanced power plan.
- Here, click on Change Advanced Power Settings.
- A pop-up will open, expand Multimedia settings and select Optimize power savings under When Playing video.
- Click Apply then Ok to finalize the settings.
Dynamic Refresh Rate Mode (Windows 11 DRR)
Windows 11 comes with a new Dynamic Refresh Rate feature which automatically switches between refresh rates when needed. If you are gaming while plugged in, it will enable the high refresh rate mode on your laptop. But if you are running the laptop on battery, it will lower the refresh rate to reduce battery drain.
This feature is only available on laptops with high refresh rate displays. If your laptop comes with a high refresh rate display then only you’ll be able to see this option in the Settings app. Follow the steps below to enable this feature on your Windows 11 PC.
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 11 laptop.
- Click on System then select Display section.
- Click on Advanced Display and beside the Choose a refresh rate option, select Dynamic (60 Hz or xxx Hz) option.
This is how you can optimize the battery in your laptop to get the maximum movie time out of it. If you want to know more about Windows 11 then we got more of these articles on SupergeekWeb, check them out.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
How to Participate in Nothing Phone 1 Auction and Increase your Chances
Nothing Phone 1 is getting a lot of hype on social media and news, all because of its unique approach...
Nothing Phone 1: Everything you Wants to Know
Nothing phone is the talk of the year 2022 ever since the brand announced that it's working on a phone....
How Manufacturing the iPhone 13 in India will Affect its Pricing?
Apple announced on 11th April that it has begun the production of the iPhone 13 smartphone in India. iPhone 13...
5 Ways For Local Businesses To Go Digital
The exciting wave of entrepreneurship in India has made the local business owners extremely ambitious and competitive today. Just like...
9 Best iOS 15 Features, Tips and Tricks to Know About
Apple has released the stable version of the iOS 15 for the supported devices recently. The latest iOS 15 update...
Best Upcoming Smartphones in August 2021: Foldable Smartphones
The smartphone market is one of the biggest markets in India and every month we see dozens of smartphones getting...